New Health and Safety Standards
As we re-open, Body Therapy Massage and Spa is instituting and enhancing processes and protocols to ensure the health and safety of our members, guests and employees. We are following the standard CDC COVID-19 guidelines.
COVID-19 isolation and uncertainty have impacted the collective mental health and widespread depression is a genuine global concern. You know that massage therapy can help relieve tension in your muscles and connective tissues, increase blood flow, and promote relaxation. Massage therapy can relieve the physical symptoms associated with depression and anxiety such as headache, insomnia, and widespread muscle pain.
Facials not only relieves tension but helps improve physical appearance – when we look better, we feel better.
Providing a clean and safe environment for you to relax and enjoy has always been a top priority for us and we continue our commitment to those ideas during the COVID 19 crisis.
What we are doing:
– Thoroughly wiping down all service rooms and tools with approved hospital-grade or EPA-registered disinfectants and cleaning and disinfecting bathrooms and common areas at a minimum of once every hour.
– Service providers wearing gloves during services upon client request.
– Requiring all staff members to pass a Spa Sanitation and Illness Prevention course and performing a practical assessment to ensure they follow the strict guidelines we enforce, including proper handwashing.
– Pre-service employee health checks including a temperature check
– Mandatory masks for all employees
– All linens are single service use
We use the industry’s best disinfectants on all hard surfaces throughout the spa and specifically in each treatment room. These disinfectants kill enveloped viruses such as HIV-1, Influenza A and Influenza A Avian, and other viruses at extremely high levels. These disinfectants also effectively kill viruses in the non-enveloped virus category, specifically Norovirus and Rhinovirus.
We change sheets and face covers after each client and wash at high temperatures with a bleach-based product to minimize the transmission risk, as is recommended by various public health authorities. Face covers also use both flannel and microfiber to offer a double line of protection. We will discontinue the use of non-cotton blankets and instead use double sheets or a cotton blanket, so that all linens will be changed after each service and washed.
Hand sanitizer will be available at our front counter and in every treatment room for use by both our customers and service providers.
We ask that all our guests please arrive wearing a mask when entering our facility.